For that reason many online entrepreneurs are turning to enlisting the services of an e-commerce specialist to help build, market, and maintain their e-commerce businesses.
The role of an e-commerce strategist is to define the direction, experience, functionality & supporting services of either a new or existing online offering. They will assist your various team members in achieving their goals.
The e-commerce consultant will bring a depth of experience that would otherwise take a lot of expensive trial and error. They’ll be able to derive, based upon your audience & brand, what is a sound investment and what’s akin to running through the streets throwing fivers in the air.
E-commerce specialists do much more than just show businesspeople how to hawk their goods online.
- Help businesses build or improve their web sites
- Develop productive database systems
- Create efficient e-showrooms and checkouts
- Create and manage electronic mailing lists
- Design e-mail communication systems and plans
- Increase search engine rankings
- Create effective advertising and pay-per-click promotions
- Develop and implement order processing and fulfillment systems
- And much more
Why do people hire plumbers? It’s the training, the experience, and whilst you can certainly bleed a radiator or with some research fit a new valve, performing anything more complicated can lead to disaster. When you find yourself having to make a strategic decision regarding your e-commerce site, you should call a strategist.